Stagecoach Country Music Festival is by far my favorite festival and is the BEST festival for country music lovers.
I went to Stagecoach for my first time last year and just got the email that tickets are on sale for April 29-May 1st 2016 Stagecoach weekend in Indio, CA. It’s the weekend after Coachella in the same exact location.
This year the lineup is even better than last year…I mean, who can pass up SAM HUNT or LUKE BRYAN.
Here’s a few tips from what I learned after going last year.
- Buy tickets early. PASSES ARE ON SALE now.
- Rent a house. We rented a house from VRBO about 2 miles from the festival grounds. It had a pool and held about 12 of us. I highly recommend this because nothing is better than spending most of the day lounging, recovering, swimming and partying until it’s time to head to the festival around 3pm each day. Having a pool was a GOD SEND with that heat.
- Try to sneak in booze if you can. Crotch whiskey FTW. You can also buy cocktails and beer inside.
4. It’s SOOOO hot. I recommend wearing as little clothes as possible 🙂 ! But, bring a flannel or light jacket for the night and a bandana for the dust.
5. We rented bikes to ride back to the house. I don’t think I would do it again. The pro was that it was nice to exit the park and just get going without waiting in taxi lines. The con was that the ride was long, dangerous on the roads, and they don’t have the festival set up for bikers…it’s all sand.
6. Part of me wishes we had stayed at the RV camp because it was right in the festival and looked like a party. It also looked SUPER hot and I was happy I had a pool. 🙂 If you want to stay there, fill out an application form ASAP because they fill up fast.
7. Eat the food! There’s a lot of great options and lots of BBQ.
8. Fly into Palm Springs, if you can. It’s so much easier than flying into San Diego or LA.
9. Enjoy the high of the weekend. It’s such a blast and everyone is in a good mood…not to mention the music is amazing!