Sun Valley, Idaho is known as one of the best ski resort towns in the Northwest and was actually the first ski hill in America! Every winter major celebrities and ski families come to Sun Valley to enjoy the sunshine, powdery snow, and amazing winter activities the valley has to offer. It’s one of my favorite places to visit in Idaho and I highly recommend visiting this magical place in the winter!
Below are the 10 Best Winter Activities in Sun Valley Idaho!
1. Ski or Snowboard on Bald Mountain or any of the Sun Valley Ski Resort hills
6. Walk around the Sun Valley Village and be sure to check out all of the ice sculptures, especially the sculpture of the sun in front of the lodge. My fave!
10. If you’re there during Christmas time:
- Get a tree permit and cut down your own Christmas tree
- Watch the tree lighting ceremony
- Grab hot chocolate and cookies at the Nutcracker on Ice at the Sun Valley Lodge on Christmas Eve
- Watch the Christmas Eve fireworks and Torch Parade
NOTE: If you’re in Sun Valley for a girls’ weekend, be sure to check out my post about a Girls’ Weekend Guide in Sun Valley Idaho. Some of my tips are for a summer trip, but there are still tips that work for a winter girls weekend!
Do you have anything else to add to the list?