Palm Springs is the perfect place for a girl’s weekend getaway and has everything a girl could ever want! Complete with a relaxing atmosphere, amazing pools, cool desert vibes and vibrant colors, Palm Springs is THE place to go with your gfs! I’ve tried to make it a point to head to Palm Springs or Palm Desert once a year for some chill time. This time I went with my roommate after redeeming my Virgin America buy one get one travel passes and we ended up having the best trip!
Below is A Girl’s Weekend Guide to Palm Springs!
Where to Stay:
- The Saguaro – For a colorful, girly atmosphere with fun vibes and close to all the action of dowtown Palm Springs! The pool is also incredible.
- The Parker Palm Springs – For a spendier, fancier and classier experience. The decor by Jonathon Adler is to die for. At least walk through the lobby and the grounds if you get a chance!
- The Ace Hotel – For a quirky, hipster and loungy vibe. The pool and Amigo Room bar are so cool!
- AirBnB – You can’t go wrong with finding a place that has a pool all to yourself on the cheap! We did this and it was great to have our own pool to lounge during the day.
Where to Eat:
- Norma’s at the Parker Palm Springs – awesome decor and an amazing selection of brunch foods.
- Cheeky’s – be prepped for a wait, but it’s so worth it!
- Rooftop at Tommy Bahamas (in Palm Desert on El Paseo drive) – great for lunch on the roof after shopping on El Paseo.
- Birba – amazing fresh and light pizzas with a cool outdoor patio.
- Kings Highway at the Ace Hotel – a hipster diner inside the Ace Hotel. Get the burger!
- Workshop Kitchen – a cool farm to table dinner spot.
Where to Drink:
- Bar – this is THE spot to go out in Palm Springs.
- Amigo Room at the Ace Hotel – A very cool hipster bar with access to sit outside by the Ace pool.
- Bootlegger Tiki Bar – amazing cocktails with a speak-easy vibe.
What to Do:
- Shop around all of the great Palm Springs designer shops or drive to Palm Desert to shop on El Paseo drive
- Visit Moorten Botanical Gardens
- Visit the colorful doors in the Indian Canyon neighborhood
- Get a date shake in Palm Desert at Shields or Hadleys
- Head to Salvation Mountain
- Visit all of the hotels mentioned above and walk around. You’ll have tons of great photo opps
- Head to Joshua Tree National Park for a day of exploring
- Relax at the pool! You’re in Palm Springs after all 🙂
We rented an $18 a day car from Alamo (mainly so we could drive to Palm Desert and Joshua Tree). We also took Uber’s out when we went out on the town!
Have you ever visited Palm Springs or had a girl’s weekend there?