Okay maybe you haven’t forgotten about all of these things, but if you’re like me you’re always looking for new fun things to do in San Francisco. Even though I’ve lived here for 5 years, this city NEVER ceases to amaze me. There are so many unique and fun things to do! You can never do it all…although I do try.
So here we go….
19 Things to Do in San Francisco That You Forgot About.
- Li Po Lounge in Chinatown – Go here and ask the bartender for the Chinese Mai Tai. The night will probably end with that. Bye bye.
- Toronado Pub in Lower Haight – They have a million selections of beer on tap and it’s got great vibes.
- Presidio Golf Course to hit some balls – remember there’s a golf course in the city? Go here to hit some balls on a random Saturday!
- Twilight in the Presidio by Off the Grid – Okay maybe you didn’t forget about this one, but I always do! There’s always Friday night in Fort Mason and Sunday in the Presidio of you can remember. This one is fun because they have bonfires, music and large tents in case the wind picks up.
- Mosaic Steps – These are on Moraga street in the city. Check them out and hike up them!
- Anchor Steam Brewing – Get a tour of the brewery and do a tasting. And yes, it’s in the city! Even better.
- Urban hike up to Coit Tower – People forget about Coit because it’s just always right there. It’s a fun little hike up to get a nice view.
- The Escape Room – Get a group together in Japantown and try and escape a room using clues and analytical skills. I did it once and it was HARD! Afterwards you can hit up the Japantown karaoke bars.
- Nob Hill Spa at the Huntington Hotel or Kabuki Spa – Both have spas to lounge in and both give amazing massages. Enjoy a little staycation at either of these.
- Smuggler’s Cove – If you want to feel like you’re on a pirate ship, go here and drink rum until you start speaking like a pirate. 😉
- Succulence or Flora Grubb – Go to either of these places to create a mini succulent garden or make a succulent letter to hang in your house!
- Brunch at Mission Rock in the Dogpatch – Sit on the water and enjoy bottomless mimosas and fresh oysters. Check out my other favorite SF brunch spots here.
- Rock climbing at Planet Granite – Go in and get certified and climb in the gym. There are always Groupon’s with discounts for a free month which is what I did!
- Palace of Fine Arts – Take a walk thru the Palace of Fine Arts. It’s nice in the morning without any tourists.
- Billy Goat Hill Swing – Sometimes the swing is there and sometimes it’s chopped down, but it’s worth the urban hike up to Twin Peaks to get an awesome view and the potential to swing on the swing over the city!
- Grace Cathedral – This church is beautiful and located on the famous Nob Hill in SF. They offer free yoga on Tuesday nights and it’s pretty magical.
- Batteries to Bluff hike – This was one of my first urban hikes I ever did when I moved here and it took my breath away. Certainly worth spending half a day exploring!
- Sutro Baths– Okay now these are cool. They used to be a huge bathhouse and now they are ruins on the edge of a cliff. Spend a bit walking around and make sure to go to the Cliff House for brunch.
- Le Diner SF – This is a pop-up party that happens every September in a random spot in SF. They don’t tell you where it will be located until the day of the event which is kind of a cool surprise! Everyone wears white and brings only white decor. I’ve been twice and it blows my mind every year. Look up photos…it’s amazing.
- Biergarten – This is an awesome outdoor beer garden in Hayes Valley. If it’s nice out it is the best place to go after work.