50 Things I’ll Miss About Living in San Francisco
I can’t believe I actually moved away from the city I love so dearly! I wanted to post this while I was still in SF, but never got around to it. Since I’ve been traveling for about a week it’s now or never! Here is my list of 50 things I’ll miss about living in San Francisco.
I could go on all day and have way more than 50, but I had to stop somewhere. The city by the bay will always have my heart. Here we go….
- My friends! I moved here without knowing a single human and have made the best of friends here. FML I will miss them.
- MY APARTMENT. OMG it is the most amazing, rent controlled place I could have found. AND I have the best roommates and neighbors.
- My job at Glassdoor. It’s certainly the best job I’ve ever had with the most amazing co-workers. I’m gonna miss it and them so much.
- The open-mindedness of the city and the locals. Everyone is free to be themselves and I love that about living here.
- Peter Pan syndrome. I kinda love it. No one wants to grow up in SF and it definitely feels like ‘college after college’.
- Walking to the Marina from my house in North Beach and enjoying the beautiful views of the boats in the marina, Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Getting coffee at Philz coffee truck on the Marina green.
- Taking the ferry to Tiburon to brunch at Sam’s.
- DIM SUM nights with my friends.
- Urban hiking – I’ve done a ton of them and they are all cool.
- SantaCon and Bay2Breakers. Duh.
- The SF rooftops. Nothing is better.
- Speaking of rooftops. FLEETWEEK. Oh, how I will miss this wonderful day.
- The city festivals and street fairs. In SF there seems to always be a street festival. In the summer every neighborhood has their own! Examples of my faves are the Vintners Markets, North Beach Festival, Chinese New Year Parade, Fillmore Jazz Fest, Hardly Strictly & SF Pride.
- Beer and wine tasting in the city!
- The fact that everyone here is an early adopter and most of these cool apps come from the great SF minds. Hello Venmo, Square, Lyft, Uber…
- The ease of getting out of the city to go wine tasting, hiking, boating, camping, beaching. It’s all close by!
- The weather…okay sorta. Sometimes it really sucks when SF doesn’t have summer while everyone else has summer weather, but the Indian Summer we do have makes up for it!
- Living 4 blocks from the water. Not too shabby and I’m gonna majorly miss this.
- Karl the Fog. That’s right. The fog in SF has a name and it’s Karl.
- The fact that you can walk into a new neighborhood and feel like you’re being transported into a totally different city. I love the different cultures in each neighborhood.
- Golden Gate Park. Good times have been had here and the park goes on FOREVER.
- Mission burritos from Pancho Villa and Taquiria CanCun.
- Loving Cup. Gimmeee… I wanted to take some with me on the plane.
- Karaoke in Japantown. YASSS.
- Spinsters + DG Alum group. So glad I joined both of these groups in the city! I’ve met some amazing people thru both.
- Mosaic staircase. Not sure I’ll really miss these, but they are so cool and worth a trip at least once.
- Cheap mani-pedi’s.
- Lipo Lounge for Mai Thai’s in Chinatown
- Alamo Square.
- Dolores Park and BiRite ice creamery.
- BRUNCH and bottomless anywhere. I love brunch.
- Fresh seafood and awesome sushi.
- The Giants, Warriors and Niners. Bandwaggoner fan all the way.
- Day drank. I’ll still be able to do this, but it’s almost like a ritual in SF.
- Bro-ing out in the Marina at Frat Mason (Fort Mason).
- Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge every day for work.
- Movies and drankkss at the Kabuki theatre.
- Concerts at the The Fillmore and The Independent.
- Giants games and garlic fries.
- Football season and bar hopping.
- Smuggler’s Cove.
- Bun Mee sandwiches, Pho, and Ramen.
- North Beach pizza and pasta. Golden Boy and Tony’s.
- My hair salon – Lyon Street.
- Driving up the hills and getting sweet views up each one.
- Sailing on the bay.
- Views of Alcatraz, Coit Tower, Bay Bridge, TransAmerica from my rooftop
- Casual vibe of the city. It’s laid back and everyone wears work out close all.the.time. I dig it.
- Living in such a beautiful place, surrounded by water. I love this city and it will always hold a very special place in my heart!
19 Things to Do in San Francisco That You Forgot About
Ultimate Guide to Exploring San Francisco: North Beach
I Quit My Job and Am Going to Travel for a Year!
San Francisco Tour Guide
Leave A Comment