Idaho Travel Guide
Welcome to my Idaho Travel Guide!
Idaho is epic. And as a local Idahoan, I’m excited to share this under-the-radar state with you!
For those of you new to my site, I grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho, lived in San Francisco for 6 years and then moved back to Idaho after traveling the world for a year.
I’m now living in Boise, Idaho, and honestly, while I was gone and wasn’t living here, I ALWAYS missed the laid-back atmosphere, the people, and the ease of getting to lakes, rivers, and mountains.
Whether you’re outdoorsy or like city life, there’s something in Idaho for everyone. My particular favorite things to do in Idaho are:
- Wine tasting on the Sunnyslope Wine Trail
- Backpacking in the Sawtooth Mountains
- Visiting mountain towns like Stanley, Sun Valley, and McCall, Idaho
- Hitting up the 100s of hot springs in the state
- Visiting Thousand Springs Reserve
- Rafting down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in the Frank Church Wilderness
- Kayaking to Shoshone Falls in the Snake River Canyon
- Skiing at Brundage, Bogus, and Sun Valley
- Beer tasting at the many Idaho breweries
- Exploring the capital city, Boise, Idaho
Because I love Idaho so much and want everyone to get a chance to visit in their lives, I’ve created this guide to share all of my tips and guides with you!
Come say hi and follow along with my adventures on Instagram and Tiktok!
Idaho Travel Info
- Residents: 1.9M
- Capital city: Boise, Idaho
- The highest elevation: Mount Borah at 12,662 feet
- Bordering states: Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, and a bit of Canada!
- Idaho topography: The Bitterroot Range of the Rocky Mountains covers most of central and northern Idaho, the Snake River Plains cover most of Southern Idaho, and the Caribou Range of the Rockies is in the southeastern part of Idaho. The two largest rivers are the Snake River and the Salmon River.
- Known for: Potatoes and home to the largest potato in the world! Blue turf at Boise State. Oh, and beautiful landscape that a lot of people don’t know about 😉
Top Idaho Attractions
- Stanley and the Sawtooth National Recreation Area
- City of Rocks
- Sun Valley
- Thousand Springs and Blue Heart Springs
- The Frank Church Wilderness