Planning a date can sometimes be soo sooo daunting! Especially if it’s the first date. Luckily for us, Boise is booming with activities for a date this summer and if it’s your first date or 100th, I’ve got you covered with 17 different ideas. Most of these ideas have something to do with enjoying the outdoors since it is in the summer after all. 🙂
Here are 17 of the best summer date ideas in Boise, Idaho!
(1) Walk or bike the Greenbelt.
Rent a bike downtown and stop to watch the kayakers and surfers at the Whitewater Park. Or, stop for drinks and a quick bite at Yardarm.
(2) Take a picnic to the Idaho Shakespeare Festival and watch a show one summer night.
(3) Spend an afternoon at Quinn’s Pond.
Rent stand up paddle boards and kayak, or just swim and sunbathe. Don’t forget to bring a cooler with snacks and cold bevvies.
(4) Check out the live music at Alive After 5 on Wednesday nights or hit up the Idaho Botanical Garden Concert Series going on all summer.
(5) Rent a paddle boat in Julia Davis Park and paddle around the pond with the geese.
(6) Enjoy dinner at some of these hip dinner spots with outdoor seating:
- Tapas on the patio at Txikiteo
- Wine and apps on the patio at Capitol Cellars
- Tacos on the patio at Madre
- Pasta on the river patio at Caffe Luciano’s
(7) Grab cocktails at some of these great spots with outdoor seating:
- Gas Lantern Drinking Company
- The Mode
- The Rooftop at the Residence Inn
- The Modern Hotel Bar
(8) Go wine tasting.
There are places to go outside of Boise for a day of tasting, or you can go to some of these tasting rooms within the city.
- Telaya Winery
- Coiled Wine Bar
- Split Rail
- St. Chapelle– if you want to go out of town
- Bodovino – if you just want to try a bunch of different wines
(9) Grab a beer at one of many breweries with outdoor space:
- Payette Brewing
- Boise Brewing Downtown
- Meriwether Cider on Chinden
- Bier Thirty in Bown Crossing
(10) Go hiking in the foothills or up to Table Rock.
(11) Float the Boise River.
(12) If the weather isn’t too great, spend a day in the Boise Art Museum or go to the adult night at Discovery Center of Idaho.
(13) Go Golfing.
Check out Warm Springs or Quail Hollow public courses.
(14) Grab coffee or beer at Push and Pour and sit on the patio, or go to Form and Function to sit outside and enjoy a drink.
(15) Go to a movie at The Flix theatre where you can get food and cocktails while watching an independent film.
(16) Check out an improv comedy show at Liquid Lounge.
(17) Go axe throwing at Basecamp Pong and Axe
You ready for that date yet?! 🙂 Please comment below if you have other date ideas for me to add. Happy dating ya’ll!
The Ultimate Boise Summer Bucket List
Idaho Shakespeare Festival: 4 Tips to Know Before You Go
7 Tips for Floating the Boise River
9 Painless Ways to Make Friends While Traveling Solo
The Best Place to Celebrate the 4th of July in Idaho
12 Best Places to Visit in Idaho
These are awesome! Is there also a cold weather version? Or one to come? 😉
Thanks!! I didn’t do a date one, but here’s a winter bucket list in Boise that might help! 🙂 https://www.travelingspud.com/2018/12/10/the-ultimate-boise-winter-bucket-list/